Way of life @ St Thomas

There are moments in life which would bring back smile on lips though you were at the state of losing at the time it had been happened. Let me recall a few of them.. 



Scene 1:
 A loyal, humble(?)  juniors ware caught along with his soul mates for smoking in class room  Charges we strongly denied, even mother promises were made, after all none dares to drag his own mother’s name in such situations. Right?

Well, we were acquitted as charges on us couldn’t have been proved. As usual the truth was buried due to lack of evidence.


Scene 2:

Second year was the right time for our batch mates to experience some ragging tips on our beloved juniors. Normally things limit up to hard teasing but rare cases got physical. Juniors don’t lodge any complaints normally as most of them love that culture, i.e, take and give. (To be ragged and experiment it with novel ideas on their juniors). .But thing did not go well as some among us were caught from a live ragging site by our HM, himself.

I was on my way to Lab (...Don’t misunderstand please; it is our chat room...) after the routine afternoon nap at class. Well, people fit to play a cricket were standing on the corridor, just outside main office which is opposite to that of library.

“Why didn’t you guys come for sleeping..?’ was my only questions towards them. There flashed a terrible smile on their faces. I could gather some snaps- junior guy- not obedient- little more arrogant- seniors should be more arrogant- seniors are kings- juniors are slaves- juniors are to be ragged- they deserve that so we are here-  story.

Also there were few more audience as the first time in 9th they got a chance to meet us nearby school area, particularly at that time. Audiences curiously inquired the matter since it was our usual time to be in school.

Oh my goodness, HM was watching us chatting with the culprits. And As far as they are concerned, it was an offence  talking to people who were charged with ragging. That theory made me too a culprit..!


Well, they made me run around the school ground. That was the punishment... I counted some one laps, and then stopped; not running but counting! Lucky I was as there were around 10 audiences apart from me. So we just try to take it as a friendly Marathon competition!.

Tired, sweating.. I had seen many faces with sympathy and suppressed laughter on it, once I was on my way back. Bull shit; there were juniors too...Hmm.what to do..?




St Thomas MY ALMA MATER!


They say the next 10-15 years of your life is shape upon the basis of how you spend your time in school. Enjoy yourself in school, but remember there is a reason to be in school. Thinking about all this now is completely futile as polishing the fire woods.

One is expected to write a lot of nostalgic craps soon after getting out of his Alma mater. But I'm no longer nostalgic about the good(?)old St Thomas days. Perhaps, it is because schooling was never my cup of tea.One, always fond of history, politics and curious about current developments of his society shouldn't have opted such a training program. Leave it....yesterdays never come again.!
Oh my goodness! recently good news come from St Thomas that students are no longer attracted by what after 10th/+2 . They seriously watching the "what after 
 10th/+2 guys!"Abraham Lincoln was correct! He had foreseen this much earlier and his words are as much as relevant now  St Thomas is concerned!


"You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of
the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time"

And if someone ask me whether I miss St Thomas , I want to tell him that I hated every living moment in it! But now I miss, not of course the system and its runners, but
  1. The physical presence of my friends
  2. Warm political debates at the ground
  3. Afternoon nap @ the class 
  4. Lovely institution roof.
And sometimes I have to fight off the urge to quarrel with my HM!! Miss you too sir.....!!